Friday, October 4, 2024

Fruitful Chaos

I once had an intern under me for a year, whom we gave the title "Assistant Minister". Our Assistant Minister put out a monthly circular letter to his supporters and friends. This is how he described his experience of our Church: 

“It seems to me that when I have my head on straight the joy of ministry becomes more apparent. I have been glad to have had the chance to serve the Church here, and I look forward to two more months of fruitful chaos”. 

OBSERVATION: One thing this reveals is that “order” may not be essential to the thriving Church. I rather enjoyed the chaos myself. I don't know what I'd do in one of those dysfunctional Churches where everything is organised (in seriousness, some kinds of "organisation" may be signs of malaise).

No comments: