Sunday, January 17, 2016

Resolving A Crisis

I have been involved in three Consulent Ministries (a rare term which means supervision). A significant impasse arose in one of them: the head of the steering committee became irate that I was supposedly engineering the outcome of a coming meeting. But it was the first I had heard of the meeting, and I didn't know what the issues might be. I said that I was not in this for personal advantage, in fact the contrary, and I was withdrawing (not resigning) as Consulent Minister. The Church should contact me again when they had sorted it out. To his credit (which I say not merely as an idiom), the head of the steering committee apologised, and ministry went on undisturbed. OBSERVATION: However, I feel that we omitted one thing: namely to commit it to God in prayer. That way, we would have left it with God, and not as an issue between us, however well resolved it might have been.

No comments: